Let's Get Down to Business

Next, I worked on the table of contents. Luckily the pic I chose for the contents page fit perfectly in the layout I already set up. I had to move a few blurbs a few spaces to accommodate the picture, but besides a few minor spacing adjustments, it was a perfect fit. For my center picture, I decided to choose this picture of Joanne in the street since it was taken in the horizontal orientation rather than vertical, and her sitting down position complements the landscape layout of the page.




I did change the background color of blue to something more natural to fit my photo better. I decided that some color looked better than no color at all, so it was just a matter of what color. After playing around with a few neutral colors that I personally liked by themselves, but did not fit the tone of the page, I decided to go directly to the picture for inspiration. First, I used the color dropper tool available on Joomag to try to change the background color to the green of Joanne's pants. This, however, was all too dark and not aesthetically pleasing at all. So next, I moved to the black of her tank top, but it was incredibly hard to read any words with this color. I even tried putting the color dropper on Joanne's skin to try to get a golden brown, but even that didn't fit. Finally, I found the perfect color in the color of the concrete of my road. By changing the background color of the pages to the same color of the background of the photo, the picture seamlessly blends into the page and looks wonderfully cohesive.

Everything else, I left the same as the previous Table of Contents layout I showed you in my previous blog post. Here's the final product:


After the Table of Contents, I got to work on my back cover, since it was relatively simple and easy to knock out. For my back cover, I just want to include an image of Joanne in the same outfit and set as she is in the front cover, except it shows the back of her. For this, I used an image of Joanne that I took the day of the shoot. Looking back, I probably would have told her to go into the same position as she is in the first cover for continuity, but I think this picture works as well. 

In the middle of her hands, I decided to add the address of Lük's website, to direct those who have just finished the magazine to even more online content. Here's what it looks like: 

I'm extremely happy with the progress I have made thus far, and can really see my magazine coming together. Next, I will tackle the beast that is the double page spread!

Comments